Thursday, November 5, 2009

Taken for a Pleasant Ride

I am a self-employed business consultant who is hired to run seminars for large corporations concerning on the subject of human resources. I travel nine months out of the year. I seldom drive and often need to be picked up at the airport when I arrive in a new city. I don’t often brag on the car services that pick me up as most of the time there isn’t much to brag about. However a recent seminar in Dallas changed my opinion on this subject. The Dallas limousine service that catered to my transportation needs that week were absolutely the best I have ever experienced.

When I arrived at DFW airport I was greeted by a very polite gentleman who addressed me by name, carried my luggage, and held the door for me as I got into the limo. He offered me a drink and asked if I was hungry. He also asked if there was anywhere I would like to go before I checked into the hotel. I seldom, if ever, have a choice. Usually they pick me up and rush me to the hotel and I have never been offered food or drink. It was certainly a very nice way to start my week in Dallas.

When we reached the hotel the driver helped me out of the car and again carried my luggage into the lobby where he waited until I had checked in. He handed me his business card and told me if I needed his services to just call the Dallas limo service and ask for him by name and he would pick me up. The seminar didn’t start until the next morning and he said he would be there to pick me up and take me to the convention center where the seminar is being held. Before he left he asked if there was anything else he could do for me and then left. I felt like royalty; he was very professional and polite.

This same driver drove me everywhere I needed to go all week long. He was always on time and always professional in everything he did. When it came time to leave he drove me back to DFW airport, carried my luggage to the check in station and waited until I was ready to go through security. This gentleman got a very good tip from me as well as a well deserved thank-you letter to the owners of the Dallas Limousine Service.



No comments:

Post a Comment